Coronavirus (COVID-19) Patient Update
Updated on 3/24/2020
With the recent events of COVID-19 spreading in our country and community, we have to make specific operational changes involving eye care at our clinic. We have been advised by the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the Centers for Disease Control to cease providing any treatment other than urgent or emergent care immediately. This includes cataract surgery, refractive surgery and other ophthalmic procedures until further notice.
We will remain open at our Brandon and Sun City Center locations, providing only urgent and emergent eye care as well as post-operative follow-ups. We will close our locations in Ruskin, Riverview and South Tampa for the time being. Please do not hesitate to contact us at (813) 681-1122 if you experience any sudden visual or ocular changes as we will have a team standing by in this time of need. If you are being seen at our clinic for any of the above reasons, we are taking additional precautions in light of the Coronavirus:
- All new and established patients are being pre-screened by our central scheduling and front desk staff.
- We request that any patient with a fever, with respiratory symptoms such as severe cough or shortness of breath, or that has recently visited areas with known outbreaks please inform our staff immediately.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols to mitigate risks within the practice and have added additional sanitation stations throughout our practices.
- Patients will be screened when they arrive at the practice for symptoms or risk factors.
- All visitors other than patient caregivers will be asked to wait outside the facility or in their cars.
We are committed to maintain the safety of our patients and staff while continuing to deliver exceptional care. To learn more about COVID-19 please visit cdc.gov. In attempt to protect the public health and stop the spread of the disease we ask that you remain at home and care for your family. When the ban on elective surgery has been lifted, we will contact you to reschedule any procedure or office visit.
We appreciate your patience.