Refractive Surgery (LASIK & PRK)
Learn More About The Process
Patients over 21 are candidates as long as their refraction (aka glasses prescription) is stable. Some reasons that people might consider having this surgery include:
- Improve your vision without the hassle of contacts or glasses
- Enjoy a lifestyle that is more active
- Issues with inserting or wearing contact lenses
- Swimming is easier
- Cost of contacts or glasses over time
- Waking during the night and having to look for glasses
- Falling asleep or dozing off with the threat of eye injury by wearing contacts or breaking glasses
- Enhance appearance
- Career reasons, such as being a chef, broadcaster, EMT, first responder or firefighter
- Pilots and military personnel
Dr. Donovan grew up in upstate New York where he attended and graduated from Cornell University cum laude. He subsequently completed medical school at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH and a Transitional Year residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. Dr. Donovan then went on to complete his ophthalmology residency training at the University of South Florida where he served as Chief Resident.
Following his residency training Dr. Donovan completed a two-year combined clinical and research fellowship in Cornea and External Disease at the University of South Florida. Dr. Donovan’s research projects focused on infections of the cornea and ocular surface, corneal wound healing, and corneal crosslinking. During his fellowship he gained expertise in the treatment of a wide variety of cornea and ocular surface pathology. Through residency and fellowship Dr. Donovan has gained additional training and expertise in refractive surgery, cataract surgery, and treatment of ocular surface neoplasia.